Wednesday 9 May 2018

Surprising Sara - International Blog Highlight


Been a while since I've managed to create a card at the right time for Kylie Bertucci's International Blog Highlights, but I made it, and this is one with a bit of a twist, as we turn the tables and recognise our Stampin' Up! CEO Sara. This month is special as Sara has demonstrators thinking about ways in which they can help make a difference in the lives of others. Kylie's twist on this was to surprise Sara - and send her a card to thank her for the work she does for us as demonstrators. What a great idea!

This won't reach Sara before my post goes live, but it will be posted! How many of you are you as guilty as I am?  We all create amazing handmade cards, and even have a target for who they will be sent to - but how many do we actually get round to posting? I know, I'm guilty of the odd one - but have been trying harder this year. So come on everyone - let's get cracking - #sharewhatyoulove #makeitsendit! 


As you can see, I've opted for some white on white on white - the kitty, the brick embossed background and thick whisper white cardstock. This is a very clean and simple card and as you know, they are hard for me to do. I wanted a less is more look as the emphasis will be in the words I choose to add myself.

I've used Calypso Coral as my start point and it became the mat, scallop and the main colouring in the flowers. Pretty Kitty did the work, with a little Calypso Coral Ombre ribbon behind the diecuts from layering circles. Stamping Blends for the colouring and Daisy Delight greeting on the inside, again Calypso Coral.


If you like it please click below to cast a vote my way. The top 10 cards voted will join a special blog hop next month.  If not, that's ok - I'm happy to be adding my card to an amazing purpose.  Thanks for stopping by x

No comments:

Post a Comment