Sunday 20 May 2018

#CTC179 - Favourite Kit - Any Catalogue


This week we are CASEing our Favourite Kit - any catalogue


My choice is the picture above right, Lots of Happy Card kit which is at present in the Occasions catalogue, but good news - carrying over to the new annual catalogue!  Yay.

I took a shine recently to using Calypso Coral and chose to make a set of Thank You cards using just the kit, colouring with my Calypso Coral Stampin' Blends and using a little extra cardstock and an envelope.

The main cards are pretty much as the kit suggests. I've used the Thank You from the Love What You Do stamp set (available as part of all the Share What You Love Suite of bundles until the end of May) and it fit well into all the shapes. I also made a couple of slight adjustments. The first is the card top right, I've mounted my hexagon onto the daisy pattern from the soon retiring Petal Passion DSP which was attached to a 4" square Basic Black card. I've only used one of the images for the card on the bottom left, which gives me two hexagon shapes and a cute posy image to use for another project. Next I've altered the idea for the smallest card on the bottom right of the kit picture, as it was too tiny to pop in the post, I used it as a pocket on a card base. The Calypso Coral background was embossed with Layered Leaves 3D Dynamic TIEF and adhered to a Basic Black sheet of card, because it is not what the message would be written on, I've only needed 1/4 of an A4 sheet. I've used the same daisy pattern from Petal Passion DSP to line the envelope and make a wrap for my pocket.


The envelope was attached in an open format, and I've made a pull tag with the Circle Tab punch to attach to the side of the card.  Below is what you see when you pull the tab:



A little tip to help you out if you are a bit frustrated with the kinks that occur in your Ombre ribbon - while you make yourself a cuppa, hold your kinked piece of ribbon only (not your fingers!) over the steam from the jug and pull it gently, continue until you are satisfied, it won't take long! 

Too many options for these sets, so don't be afraid to add your own personal touches. By the way, I know you're all worrying about the fact olives shouldn't be that colour, so I'm calling them a new form of apricot plum - lol. For me that sounds a little tastier than an olive too.  

Let's move on over to check out the striking card the lovely Peta has created and then we look forward to you playing along with the design team using the link over to the right.


No comments:

Post a Comment