Sunday 29 October 2017

CASEing the Catty - #CTC152 Painted Autumn/Spooky Nights


This week CASEing pages 48-55 of the Holiday Catalogue.

Not being big on Halloween in our house, thought this may test me a little, however in saying that it was only a couple of weeks ago I did choose another project from this section, so it all depends on the twist you take. Why don't you give this a try as well, and when you've done, click on the button to the right to join the Challenge.

There was one thing I couldn't resist though, (even though I held off for a while) and that was the Cat Punch. I couldn't take to the stamp set - even for the face (something a little creepy about those eyes to me!). So I've gone completely random this week and turned to page 54, to case the gift box in the top right picture. 

I started by using Soft Suede reinker mixed with Embossing paste, along with the brick wall stencil onto Lemon Lime Twist cardstock, which I mounted onto a whisper white thick card base. This was my interpretation for the brick post. I've swapped out each element for a cat punched in the same colour. I like to work in odd numbers so added the Soft Suede cat to the mix, and was much happier. You've heard of 'herding cats', right? Well it was a little like that trying to place them on the card! Happy with where they ended up and know just the lady I'll send this to! Funny how your mind wanders off to people as you are creating, so I think it fitting I let her know I was thinking of her... I then decided to use the greeting (stamped in Soft Suede) from Lift Me Up which seemed appropriate. I used Black Memento ink to colour the doily and a bow from Basic Black Baker's Twine. My helper was not able to stay awake for the photo session but he came in handy all the same...


Time to pop over and see what treat Rebecca has in store for you. Don't forget you are welcome to play along, create your project and click the button over on the right to add your link!



No comments:

Post a Comment