Sunday 22 October 2017

CASEing the Catty - #CTC151 Catalogue Covers


Hi again - the brief this week is actually Catalogue Covers and Hostess Sets, but I went with short and sweet for my post title.
I've chosen to Case the Holiday catalogue - front cover - top right card:

And as you can see, I've swapped out the theme in a big way. I thought I'd use some DSP to highlight the great promotion that is on until the end of the month - buy 3 get 1 free (selected DSP).  I don't think the catalogue gives the Petal Garden DSP enough credit. I've used the layout above, and taken the sheet with the roses in the corner, trimmed to my card width and approx 4 1/2". I then flipped the DSP over and cut 2 strips around about an inch high and trimmed to the card width. Whisper white scallops from the Decorative Ribbon Border Punch, (have always loved those cheeky scallops peeking out when anybody uses them!). Instead of the oval, I used the Everyday Jars Framelits for my window shape. I chose to leave my butterflies flying free and stamped a little grass towards the bottom of the jar. 

The butterflies are coloured using the soon to be available Stampin' Blends. I had the Blendabilities and was really liking them, however too many issues meant they were pulled from the market, and a great deal of research has gone into fixing the problem. Demonstrators got to purchase them at the start of the month and the release date to customers has just been announced as 1 November!

The greeting and butterflies are from the Ronald McDonald House Charities stamp set - Sharing Sweet Thoughts (inside the back cover of the main catalogue). For every set sold, Stampin' Up! donates $3 AUD/$3.50 NZD to RMHC. Great work SU!! To trim the greeting, I've used Gold Metallic- Edge Ribbon and Gold Mini Sequin trim - along with a tiny scrap of doily.

Feel like playing along? Create a card that fits the brief and add it using the link on the right side of this blog. Meanwhile, keep hopping to find more inspiration - over to Judy's colourful creation

No comments:

Post a Comment