Sunday 10 September 2017

CASEing the Catty - #CTC145 Merry Little Christmas


Welcome to this week's Guest Designer - Siobhan Fitzsimmons, as we Case pages 10-19 of the Holiday Catalogue.

I've chosen the left image on the right hand side photo page 17.  

This called out to the shabby chic style I enjoy. Some elements are definitely more shabby than others! I tried to age the truck with my colouring and the uneven toning was intentional. Card base is Very Vanilla thick cardstock. The DSP background is the Tranquil Tide Fresh Florals. Crumb Cake cardstock embossed with Petal Burst TIEF. I stamped the truck from Country Livin' with Archival Basic Black and water coloured using Tranquil Tide, Basic Gray and Chocolate Chip, Garden Green for the grass. 

The greeting is Number of Years, and being photopolymer don't forget you can shape it as you stick it to your block. 

My Wood Textures DSP wreath was more of a challenge than I'd pictured in my head. I cut a circle and distressed it, then started at the middle and tore towards the outside.  I then spritzed and rolled each section out but when I was done it looked too even. I spritzed the whole piece and scrumpled it into a ball, then carefully unravelled it as wet paper is very easily torn. I pressed it more or less flat with my fingers and allowed it to dry. Because it was still a little too even, I then tore off the odd roll to give the rough look I finished with. I adhered it to the coloured image and trimmed it so it was hidden behind the wreath. To finish I added a linen thread bow and used the Fine-Tip Glue Pen to apply a layer over the windows and head lights. I've tried to show that more clearly below.



Time to hop on over and check out what Megan's been up to:


No comments:

Post a Comment